by Richard de Veas
Here's our take on modifying the USGI M16 Cleaning kit into a Belt Mounted Universal Field Cleaning Kit!
Begin with a USGI AR15/M16 Gun Cleaning Kit.
The contents of the kit includes:
1) G.I. pouch
1) Break Free CLP, Liquid, 1oz
1) G.I. 6 piece cleaning Rod Set
1) ea, 5.56. Bronze Chamber Brush
1) ea, 5.56. Bronze bore brush
1) ea. 5.56 slotted tip
1) Double ended nylon brush
Now add the following:
1 ea. 7.62 Bronze Chamber brush
1) ea, 9mm, .45, 7.62 Bronze bore brush
1) ea. 9mm slotted tip
1) pkg. Hoppe's, Cotton Patch, For 12/16 Gauge cut to size as needed
1) Hoppe's, Rifle to Shotgun conversion tip
1) HOPPES 12ga slotted tip, Optional
1) G.I. M-9 pistol rod.
You will be able to clean most service weapons with kit containing these components in the field.